Executive Assistant to the Secretary General
The European Judicial Training Network is an international not-for-profit association governed by the provisions of Belgian law relating to non-profit making associations, foundations and non-profit making international associations.
This association, gathering the training institutions for the judiciary of all European Union Member States has, as its aim, the promotion of training programmes with a genuine European dimension for the members of the European judiciary.
Within the framework of the creation of a European area of freedom, security and justice, EJTN affirms itself as a major platform where its Members cooperate on the analysis and identification of the training needs of the judiciaries of the Member States, the exchange and dissemination of experience in the field of judicial training and the design of programmes and methods for collaborative training. Additionally, EJTN serves as an arena for the coordination of Members’ programmes and activities in matters relating to European law and those which concern initiatives of the EU and the dissemination of knowledge about the legal systems of EU member States.
While dedicated to excellence in European judicial training, EJTN works closely with the European Commission and with nearly 40 EU national judicial bodies, which are Members and Observers of EJTN. The EJTN Secretary General, whenever appropriate, ensures compatibility between the programme of activities of EJTN and the priorities set by the European Union.
- An attractive base salary and remuneration package commensurate with experience, in accordance with EJTN employment scheme
- An international working environment with a leading actor in the judicial training field
- Continuous training and professional development
The tasks pertaining to the position include, non-exhaustively:
On a strategic level:
- Supporting the Secretary General in drafting, assessing and executing EJTN’s Strategic Plans
- Supporting the Secretary General in building a partnership strategy
- Coordinating the strategic and high-level external relations with all stakeholders, including EU institutions
- Ensuring a strategic monitoring of institutional and stakeholders’ environment
- Being the voice of the Secretary General when representing EJTN towards internal and external stakeholders
- Promoting EJTN values, brand and reputation
On an operational level:
- Anticipating high priority deliveries, identifying any potential obstacles to the deployment of the Strategic Plans and proposing course of action
- Helping to connect dots to make things happen upon planning and deadlines
- Enabling effective deployment of cross-functional strategic initiatives, facilitate special projects and follow-up planning, budget and resources
- Writing draft speeches for the Secretary General
- Assisting the Secretary General in preparing and attending various meetings (agenda, PPT, minutes)
- Coordinating follow-up of board meetings, offsites, meetings with the EJTN network, etc
- Maintaining the EU portal
- Assessing all inquiries directed to the Secretary General, determining priority and related actions
- Act as the point of contact for the Secretary General’s direct reports
- Ensure the calendar of the Secretary General is aligned with the priorities of the organization
- Fulfilling any other strategic and confidential tasks as assigned by the Secretary General
Qualification and Experience required
- A master’s degree in law or EU Public Affairs
- A relevant professional experience with EU-related projects
- Knowledge of the international judicial environment is a strong asset
- Ready to endorse an instrumental support role without managerial responsibilities
- Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English as well as French
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, able to challenge ideas and use influence skills
- Well-developed administrative and computer skills, including good knowledge of MS Office, web-based tools such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams
- Strong interpersonal, organisational, planning and transversal team-working
- Detail and service-oriented with excellent follow-up and time management
- Ability to act both at tactical, strategic and operational level
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and results
- Possess a “can do” spirit of accountability, helpfulness, inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration and creativity
- Willingness to work flexible hours and to travel
- Would thrive in a multicultural and international environment
- Used to work in accordance with high deontological principles
The position is intended to be a full-time one, initial fixed-term contract under Belgian law, with the possibility of prolongation or becoming permanent.
The interviews will be conducted in January 2023, and the ideal expected start date is February 2023.
Please send your application to Virginie.firstname.lastname@example.org by December 30th the latest. Please add your CV, a motivation letter highlighting your expectations and stating your current notice period. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Are you interested ?
Please add your cv, a motivation letter highlighting your exceptations and staging your current notice period and salary expectations.Apply for this position